[linux-cifs-client] Rudi's question about smbd/smbfs/cifsvfs

Sanjay Darisi sanjay at mxinc.com
Mon Dec 6 22:18:14 GMT 2004

How do I make sure the no. two (Kerberos required ) is disabled on my WIN2K3 server?? Does smbfs (on FC1 - 2.4.22 kernel) support kerberos authentication? B'cos I can access my WIN2K3 shares from a FC1 box not from a FC2 box (neither using smbfs nor with cifs). I have already posted this issue to the list few days ago.

I'm not sure why its happening? just want to make sure if kerberos is not required, where to change it? And how does it affect if its a PDC+exchange server?

Thanks,
Sanjay.