[jcifs] Problem connecting with domain controller

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Mar 29 15:39:59 GMT 2006

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:24:36 +0200
Ingo Rockel <irockel at pironet-ndh.com> wrote:

> of available domain controllers (seven), jcifs tries to connect to the
> first (in a different network) and fails with the following message:
>
> jcifs.smb.SmbException:
> jcifs.util.transport.TransportException: Connection timeout
>      Flags: 0x0002 (SYN)
>
> and this packet seems not to get any answer. It looks like a network
> problem to us but we don't have any idea what it might be in particular.
> Any Ideas or Hints welcome.

Failing to respond to a SYN packet means that the target address is
routable but no one is listening at the other end. From your "in a
different network" comment I would guess that you need to look at the
laddr properties. All property descriptions are at the bottom of the
overview page of the API documentation.