[jcifs] username dialog syntax changes

Tapperson Kevin Kevin.Tapperson at hcahealthcare.com
Wed Mar 29 14:58:28 GMT 2006

Thanks for the feedback Richard, I tried the combinations you described
and found jcifs to work fine with all of them.  I dug a little deeper
into the problem we were having with the '@' syntax and found that it
was some code in our custom filter implementation that was actually
breaking it.  (We have implemented some more robust lookups for domain
controllers in our filter, and those were failing when no domain was
provided in the type 3 message.)

These all work in jcifs:
  domain=MYDOM
  username=bob

  domain=my.domain.com
  username=bob

  domain=<not specified>
  username=bob at MYDOM

  domain=<not specified>
  username=bob at my.domain.com

The patch that I proposed to start this thread should not be applied;
jcifs works fine in all of the above cases as is.