[jcifs] NullPointerException at jcifs.netbios.NbtAddress

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Mar 23 20:01:47 GMT 2006

>From looking at the code it looks like InetAddress.getLocalHost is
returning null. I don't recall off the top of my head why this occurs
but it has to do with the local system cofiguration. Try:

$ hostname

on both systems and see if you see an inconsistency. I think if it returns
'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' that will cause problems with JCIFS. One way
to hack around this is to add an entry in /etc/hosts.

Search the archives on google like:

  site:http://lists.samba.org/ jcifs localhost NullPointerException

etc.

Mike