[jcifs] NTLM issue

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Mar 15 16:42:37 GMT 2006

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:59:44 +0000
Yannick <yannick at smellyfrog.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a user who used to be able to logon to my Intranet site using
> SSO. Her account expired and we had to change the password on the AD
> server when we
> re-enabled it. Since then, SSO doesn't work for that user when using IE
> to connect.
>
> I.e. when I set JCIFS logs level to 9, I can see an error in the
> authentication saying wrong username or password.

I suspect there is something else going on here. NTLM credentials
aren't cached by the client. If you're running on IIS it could be that
a different authentication type is being chosen in some cases. Also,
it could be that when setting the password in AD the NTLM keys were not
updated because of policy or an option was incorrecty set. I would make
sure the user changes their password and then logs off and back in. Then
relaunch the browser and try again.