[jcifs] NtlmHttpFilter very slow

Marcel Juffermans mjuffermans at paradigmone.com.au
Wed Feb 16 01:28:16 GMT 2005

First of all, thanks very much for all your work, and sorry I'm writing
to you directly rather than going through the mailing lists - it's just
I'm pressed for time.

However, this may be of use to you: NtlmHttpFilter can be made to work
very much faster than it does now (jcifs_1.1.8). I spent considerable
time working out why, and it turns the solution is to add:

        resp.setContentLength(0);

before every line that says:

        resp.setStatus(HttpServletResponse.SC_UNAUTHORIZED);

If the extra line isn't there, then IE 6 and FireFox will wait about a
minute before concluding there isn't any data coming. If the line is
there, they don't wait at all.

--
Regards,

Marcel Juffermans