[jcifs] Jcifs in Native mode vs Mixed Mode

madlg3 at vodafone.es madlg3 at vodafone.es
Tue Feb 8 08:56:18 GMT 2005

Hi,

>From w2000 the domain controllers can run in mixed or native mode.
Mixed mode gives support for PDC and NTLM authentication, in this mode
it is possible to run domain controller on NT. The problem comes when
migrating from WNT to W2000 or W2003. Most of customers I checked are
migrating to native mode (there is no way back once they are in native
mode), in part due to the limitations found with ADS working in mixed
mode. So it seems that when using ADS people are using native mode.

It might be the case that when we have a network based on W2k native
mode, only kerberos authentication is allowed, no NTLM support is
offered, this could mean a problem to jcifs, couldn´t it?

Has anyone tested jcifs under native mode? does jcifs have support for
kerberos authentication?

Congratulations for the product, it is really good, and I have seen it
working under really high load.

Regards,

Miguel