[jcifs] browsing a smaller network using netserverenum2

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Feb 4 22:33:39 GMT 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:20:00 -0600
"Christopher R. Hertel" <crh at ubiqx.mn.org> wrote:

> I am supplying nul credentials in most of the ways you've suggested plus
> the use of empty strings in my jcifs.prp file.  What I'm seeing on the
> wire is that jCIFS is logging in successfully with anonymous
> credentials--twice!  It then closes the TCP connection.  Huh?  :)

Then the creds are actually a little different. If they were really the same
the session would be reused. The first if for IPC$. The second is the creds
you supplied. The difference could be something as simple as a "" instead of
null for one of the fields. If you look at NPA it has:

static final NtlmPasswordAuthentication NULL = new
NtlmPasswordAuthentication( "", "", "" );

So I would think that "smb://;:@/" should work as that would result in an
NPA that has "", "", and "" for the dom, user, and pass. You would have to
put in some debugging statements in jcifs.smb.Handler or similar.

Mike

> I can send along a trace and a log dump.  Easy enough to replicate,

Send me the trace.

> Note that I am specifically avoiding giving jCIFS any credentials to use.
>
> If I use a .prp file, it has:
>
> jcifs.smb.client.domain =
> jcifs.smb.client.username =
> jcifs.smb.client.password =
> jcifs.netbios.baddr = 192.168.101.255

That should work too.

IRC - where men are men, women are men, and the boys are FBI agents.