[jcifs] Domain Controllers

MSDean at beckman.com MSDean at beckman.com
Thu Feb 3 18:23:42 GMT 2005

Hi Mike,

The SmbSession.getChallengeForDomain(domain)signature does not contain the
"domain" parameter as your code snippet suggests?

How would one  pass the domain to this method (supply this information)?

Thanks,
Mark

                      "Michael B Allen"
                      <mba2000 at ioplex.c        To:       MSDean at beckman.com
                      om>                      cc:       jcifs at lists.samba.org
                                               Subject:  Re: [jcifs] Domain Controllers
                      02/02/2005 08:38
                      PM

MSDean at beckman.com said:
> I am using JCIFS to perform NTLM authentication in a Weblogic environment.
> have created a custom authenticator, and the login method is included
> below.

You really should stick with the provided NtlmHttpFilter. It handles a
variety of unusual details.

> My question is, is it possible to avoid providing hard-coded domain
> controllers
> (dc) to the logon method?

Look at how the NtlmHttpFilter does it. You want chal =
SmbSession.getChallengeForDomain(domain) then use chal.dc and at least
you'll be resilant to DC failures.