[jcifs] Equivalent for java.io.File.getCanonicalPath()

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Feb 3 21:15:02 GMT 2004

Julian Reschke said:
> Note that for java.io.File, getCanonicalPath changes it's value
> depending on whether a remote file with the same (or "similar") name
> exists.

Ok, now I understand. And I agree the behavor you describe would be
better. But I believe it would require walking the path and resolving each
component. I'll look into it but if canonicalization means N extra round
trips to the server where N is the number of components in the path it may
not be very practical. There might be a CIFS command to assist with this.

The other two issues look like they might be real. The setLastModified
code may need some adjustment to consider TZ, DST, and attribute caching.
I'll look at them closer.

Thanks,