[jcifs] Alert: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException with jcifs-1.1.3

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Dec 15 19:24:25 GMT 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:30:36 +0000 (UTC)
Johan Danforth <johandanforth at bredband.net> wrote:

> Hi, we just went live on our intranet with a new portal, and it went fine
> for an hour or so, then all new visitors started to get these:
>
> Error 500--Internal Server Error
> 	at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.getChallengeForDomain(SmbSession.java:94)

Can you try this jar? It is stock 1.1.4 with an extra debug statement in it.
Every 30 seconds when the DC list expires it will print info about the list
in the log.

  http://jcifs.samba.org/src/jcifs-1.1.4li.jar

The only thing I can think of is that there is some problem with the domain
controller list (e.g. it's empty). What happends if you run the ListDC
example a few time? What happends if you run the Login test on each DC ip?

Otherwise I'll just have to look at the code and hope I spot the bug.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.