[distcc] Re: ARM Tools / ADS (tcc tccp armcomp) porting

Nils Klarlund klarlund at google.com
Tue Jun 10 20:25:05 GMT 2008

Just adding to this: we didn't investigate how to extract this default
search path for other platforms than gcc. The include server assumes that
the output of gcc -v is an very particular format.  You may need to extend
this parser or perhaps simply extend the include processor with a flag to
explictily pass the default system dirs.  For testing purposes, you could
comment out the current code that queries the compiler and set the involved
variables to empty. You'd still need the default system headers on your
servers.
/Nils

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Fergus Henderson <fergus at google.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Perez, Aaron P. <Aaron.Perez at hospira.com>
> wrote:
>
>>      I was looking at the online man pages this morning and wondering the
>> same thing myself. When I get the time to try it out I will let you know.
>> One thing that I wasn't clear on (as I only scanned over this) does pump
>> mode require source (or directory structure) on all machines or are all of
>> the necessary source and headers sent over to the volunteer machine?
>>

> All of the application source files and headers are sent to the volunteer
> machines running the distccd servers.
> System header files, however, are not sent.  By system header files I mean
> those on the default search path (which is output by e.g. "gcc -x c++ -c -v
> /dev/null -o /dev/null").
>
> Cheers,
>   Fergus.
>
> --