[distcc] new distcc maintainer: Fergus Henderson

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Fri Jun 6 01:44:53 GMT 2008

I haven't been able to put as much time into distcc in the last couple
of years as I would have liked or as it deserved.

Fergus Henderson has volunteered to become the new maintainer, and I'm
handing over to him now.  Fergus should have time to review,
integrate, and release much of the work done by the community.  I know
both Google and Apple have done some substantial work to further
increase performance and I hope it will all be integrated back into a
main open source release.  There's still many interesting things to be
done here, in getting more efficient builds, easier setup and
management and perhaps extending the scope beyond just C/C++
compilation, and I'll continue to watch distcc with considerable
interest.