[distcc] Where does distcc --daemon put its core files?

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Fri Aug 17 03:19:47 GMT 2007

On 8/17/07, Alan Conway <aconway at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get my first distcc farm working and having no luck so
> far. Work is being passed around but the distccd child processes are
> crashing every time.

That is pretty strange.  I'm not sure off hand what would be causing
this.  I suggest you build distccd with debug symbols then run it
under gdb with --no-fork, or try to find the core files.

It should be dumping them in its cwd, but that may not be writable by
the process.  Ubuntu puts in some special core-catching behaviour that
redirects them.  I'm not sure if there is anything like that in Red
Hat (as I presume you're using), but that would be something else to
watch out for.