[distcc] distcc-zeroconf (Apple Xcode)

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Fri Jan 23 03:45:15 GMT 2004

Martin Pool wrote:

> As I said, that is not the point.  It should not be necessary for
> anyone to ask around in the hope of finding the source.  Apple must
> provide it (or an offer to send it.)

Ah, so.

I'd always thought it to be just that they had to provide it if the user
asked, but on a rereading of the GPL they were supposed to have either
provided an actual notice of availability of the source or put the
source in with the dev tools installer.

I don't recall seeing anything in the installer about distcc's source,
and a grep through /Developer and the installer receipts for the SDK
don't have any mention of distcc except for general distcc
troubleshooting stuff.  :P

On the subject of the technical issues, though, is anyone
interested/willing/capable of forward-porting apple's changes to a
modern distcc?  It would be definitely nice to have...