[distcc] Re: Patch for Sun's Workshop 6

P. Christeas chpa at intranet.gr
Thu Jan 22 07:14:16 GMT 2004

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use distcc on a network of Solaris 2.7 workstations and I
> also ran into this problem. I modified the src just like you did but I
> still have problems compiling certain C++ files - specifically those that
> include STL headers.
>
> Has anyone figured out how to prevent the re-inclusion of the headers?

After some time, the use of distcc with SunWS seems an unresolved issue. Of
course, I exclude any attempt to modify the STL headers (which in fact are
Sun's version of STL headers).
The correct statement is that _Sun's CC does not behave correctly when the
preprocessor is involved as a separate process_.

This compiler should still be marked as 'unsupported'. The only way (I know
of) to make some use of a compile farm is to exclusively mark the few files
that *do* compile, and send those through distcc.
Hint: it seems that templates and CORBA implementation source do generally
break the precompiler.