[distcc] Cygwin hosted distcc toolchain (updated)

Rob Snow rsnow at dympna.com
Fri Jan 16 00:21:14 GMT 2004

My entire package installs to /usr/local on the Cygwin machine and the
script is miniscule:

############### START ################

#!/bin/sh
cygrunsrv -I distccd -p /usr/local/bin/distccd.sh -d "Cygwin distccd" -e
"CYGWIN=ntsec tty"

############### END ###################

And here is the /usr/local/bin/distccd.sh:

################ START ##################

#!/bin/sh

TARGET="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CROSS_CC_PATH="/usr/local/cross-linux/bin:/usr/local/cross-linux/$TARGET
/bin"

DISTCCD_EXEC=/usr/local/bin/distccd.exe
DISTCCD_ARGS="--no-detach --daemon"

export PATH="$CROSS_CC_PATH:$PATH"
exec $DISTCCD_EXEC $DISTCCD_ARGS

Feel free to do anything you guys want to with it, it's out there for
use/abuse/cheer/jeers :)  I just got tired of my Windows boxen sitting
around doing nothing while my Linux boxes were doing all the compile
work!  I even managed to sneak a minimal copy of Cygwin (just enough to
run this) onto my wife's laptop and have distcc as a service on it...all
transparent to her. (Don't tell her though!)

-Rob