[distcc] Re: Problems exporting job to non existing hosts (; ) ok, stupid subject ; ) )

Jeff rustysawdust at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 20:30:26 GMT 2004

Ralf Beckers wrote:
> but the jobs are not running local after that, distcc is waiting forever and
> nothing more is compiled then.
>
> What do I have to configure, to start the failed jobs again locally?

You shouldn't have to configure anything. In fact just a few hours ago I
unplugged a machine from my farm so someone could use it for an experiment. Now
when I build I get the "no route to host" messages, but everything continues on
as normal (just a little slower!). I'm guessing that the job is actually hung up
on one of your machines -- check their log files. I had a machine with a
hardware problem (probably a bad IDE controller) which would sometimes hang up
after getting a job. This would cause my entire build to hang.

-- Jeff