[ccache] ccache fails on my compiler flags

Martijn Reuvers martijn at twotribes.com
Wed Nov 15 15:07:41 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I use ccache in combination with a non GCC arm compiler. I use Cygwin in
combination with make 3.80 and run on a Windows XP OS.

Compiling goes fine and I noticed briefly some temp files popping up in the
CCACHE_DIR (all 0 bytes), but the actual cache itself isn't stored. Could it
be that ccache is confused by one of my compiler flags and therefore refuses
to cache the output?

These are my (edited) compiler flags:

ccache.exe C:/Program\ Files/compiler/mwccarm.exe -lang c++ -proc arm946e
-nothumb -nopic -nopid -interworking -O4 -inline on,noauto -opt speed -g
-ipa file -msgstyle gcc -w nounused -w nonotused -enc SJIS -char signed
-stdinc -enum int -stdkeywords off -Cpp_exceptions off -c ./src/source.cpp
-MD -o obj/ARM9-TS/Release/source.o

Any unsupported flags in there?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Kind regards,